Due to COVID-19, the Caroline County Detention Center is currently only allowing virtual visitation. Please call 410-479-4126 for more information regarding virtual visitation.
Visitation normally occurs on the weekend and times are based on the inmate’s last name. Longer or alternate visitation hours may be arranged for persons who need to travel more than two hours to the jail. Please contact Support Services at 410-479-4126 to get more information.
You must show state or federally issued photo identification to visit an inmate. Visiting is a privilege and can be suspended or terminated if inmates or visitors violate the rules and regulations listed below. Visitors who violate rules may be prohibited from future visits.
- Last names “A” through “G” – Saturday 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Last names “H” through “Z” – Saturday 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Last names “A” through “G” – Sunday 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Last names “H” through “Z” – Sunday 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- All names - Saturday and Sunday 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Visitation RulesVisitors are expected to follow the following rules:
- Personal items are not allowed in the visiting area such as handbags, cell phones, pagers, umbrellas, cameras, cigarettes, lighters, etc.
- A visitor may not visit the same inmate more than once per day.
- An adult must accompany visitors under 18 years of age.
- A maximum of two children and two adults, or three children and one adult are permitted per visit.
- Loitering, profanity and/or loud disruptive behavior shall not be permitted in the visiting area. Eating and/or drinking also are prohibited.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the lobby, restrooms, or anywhere on the grounds of the Jail.
- Handbags are not allowed in the visiting area.
- Physical contact between inmates and visitors is prohibited.
- Visitors who smuggle or attempt to smuggle contraband into the facility will be prosecuted.
- Attire must be appropriate for an environment where children may be present.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses must reach the knee.
- Slits in skirts or dresses may be no higher than the knee.
- No see-through or sheer clothing.
- No spandex or form-fitting clothing.
- Shoulders, back, midriff, and excessive cleavage/bust must be covered.
- Footwear and undergarments must be worn.
- No clothing displaying profanity, obscene images, or promoting drugs, alcohol, violence or gangs is permitted.
What To Bring InmatesDuring the first seven working days an inmate is incarcerated, you can bring:
- White undershirts in an unopened package
- White underpants (boxers, briefs, or panties) in an unopened package
- White bras (without underwire) in an unopened package
- White socks in an unopened package
You may bring clothing for court to an inmate. Please contact Support Services at 410-479-4126 to get more information.
Clothes for Court
Visitation by ProfessionalsThe following professionals will be allowed to visit inmates upon providing valid credentials:
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Parole and Probation Officers
- Psychologists and Psychiatrists
- Social Workers