To make your reservation or to verify field or facility availability, call the Recreation and Parks Office between 8:30 a.m.and 5 p.m. Monday to Friday at 410-479-8120.
General James F. Fretterd Community Center
107 South Fourth Street
Denton MD 21629
- Rental Times
- 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Room Capacity
- Drill Hall/Gym area: 400 theatre-style; 250 with tables and chairs
- Meeting Room 104: 100 theatre-style; 50 with tables and chairs
- Meeting Room 204: 45 theatre-style or 24 with tables and chairs
- Meeting Room 113: 15-18 with tables and chairs
- There are no kitchen facilities
- Tables / Chairs available- 6’ rectangular tables
- 2 - 8’ rectangular tables
- 15 - 6' rectangular tables
- 5 – 3 x 3 square card tables
- 2 - 60" round tables
- 154 metal folding chairs
The Fretterd Community Center is available for rent around the hours scheduled for Department-sponsored programs. Facility rentals are awarded in order of priority (see below) with a completed application, payment and certificate of insurance.
Applications are processed in order of receipt (but at least 15 working days before the first date of your request).
Priority of Use
- Department sponsored programs.
- Divisions of County Government and Board of Education sponsored programs.
- Any public non-profit recreation provider (a letter from the IRS with non-profit status produced on demand).
- Private education agencies, other users such as volunteer, improvements, private, service, religious, social and civic organizations.
- Any activity provided by an organization which primarily serves non-Caroline County residents or is organized by a private business.
Current Building Use Policy & Forms
Hourly Rental Rates
Day of Week Number of Hours 1 Hour 2 Hours Weekdays
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Gymnasium $25 $50
Activity Room $10 $20 2 Activity Rooms $20 $40 Activity Room and Gym $35 $70 Evening and Weekends
5 p.m. - 11 p.m.
Saturday / Sunday or County Holidays
Activity Room $65
2 Activity Rooms $85
Activity Room and Gym $115
Gymnasium and 3 Activity Rooms $155
Caroline County Public Schools
The Recreation and Parks Department is one of many users of local public schools for community events. For information on reserving and renting these indoor facilities, contact the school office directly or go to the Caroline County Public Schools website and click on Building and Grounds Reservations under Quick Links.
The Board of Education’s Building and Grounds Policy for the community use of schools establishes public recreation activities sponsored by Caroline County as a priority-user of non-school-related use of school facilities. Caroline County Public Schools is testing a web-based facility reservation application that is targeted for release on the Board of Education website within 2014.