Minimum Livability Code

The County Code of Local Public Laws includes a Minimum Livability Code. This code applies to residential rental properties in areas outside of incorporated towns. Renters who believe the property they are occupying is in violation of the Minimum Livability Code may report it to the Department of Planning and Codes. It is illegal for a Landlord to take action against you for reporting a violation. To report a violation you may call or fill out the Livability Complaint Form and submit it in person or via mail or fax.

For additional information, please contact us at 410-479-8100. 

Note: For livability issues within the incorporated towns please contact the appropriate town office.